Miller brilliantly examines the birth of Midtown Manhattan during the glorious Jazz Age. It's the story of how a gaggle of success-hungry out-of-towners—including Duke Ellington, Walter Chrysler, E. No Longer Available.
Supreme City: How Jazz Age Manhattan Gave Birth to Modern America by Donald L. Miller
Miller has long been one of my favorite historians. Anyone who reads Supreme City will understand why. Miller brilliantly examines the birth of Midtown Manhattan during the glorious Jazz Age. Highly recommended! The narrative bursts with a dizzying succession of tales about the politicos, impresarios, merchants, sportsmen, performers, gangsters and hustlers who accounted for an unprecedented burst of creativity and achievement.
See full terms and conditions and this month's choices. Tell us what you like and we'll recommend books you'll love.
Sign up and get a free eBook! History in Five: Donald L.
Supreme City: How Jazz Age Manhattan Gave Birth to Modern America
Trade Paperback. Table of Contents Rave and Reviews. Similar books. Egyptian Enigma. Hillinger's California. The American Revolution, Part 1. The Proud Tower.
- Radical Islam in the Former Soviet Union (Routledge Contemporary Russia and Eastern Europe Series).
- Supreme City: How Jazz Age Manhattan Gave Birth to Modern America;
- Supreme City - Audiobook | Listen Instantly!.
Stealing the General. World War Two: History in an Hour.
The American Revolution, Part 2. The Portrait of Molly Dean.
Christmas Eve. George Washington's Military Genius.
- Supreme City - How Jazz Age Manhattan Gave Birth to Modern America | Walmart Canada.
- Just Because Youre Leading... Doesnt Mean Theyll Follow: A leaders greatest lesson.
- Follow the Author.